Welcome to the SBFA Website
The SB Faculty Association is a voluntary membership organization of University of California, Santa Barbara, faculty, which provides an alternative voice to faculty outside the regular channels of the Academic Senate and the Administration. Now reaffiliated with the Council of University of California Faculty Associations (CUCFA), SBFA works with CUCFA on its advocacy work done on behalf of UC Senate faculty by all UC Faculty Associations.
SBFA works to
- Protect salaries, pensions, and heath care
- Support excellence in teaching and research
- Promote transparency in university finances
- Defend academic freedom … and much more!
Join the Santa Barbara Faculty Association
We are an independent representative for Senate Faculty at UCSB, and represent all ranks of UCSB Senate faculty, emeriti, and lecturers with security of employment.
If you want to learn more on SBFA and/or want to join, please follow the following links: About SBFA & Join SBFA
IT’S TIME TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!
Faculty Association Executive Board Members (2013-2014):
Julie Carlson (English)
Jorge Castillo (Spanish and Portuguese)
Aranye Fradenburg (English), Liaison with CUCFA
Claudio Fogu (French and Italian)
Nelson Lichtenstein (History), President
Elisabeth Weber (Germanic, Slavic and Semitic Studies)
Robert Williams (History of Art and Architecture)
Updated July 31, 2013
Our mainling address [not UCSB campus mail & requires a stamp]:
If you wish to send us a message, please use the form below.
Faculty Association, UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93107
The Items with the (*) next to them are required.
- FA meeting, Wed. April 9, noon, UCEN State Street Room: Come and discuss your healthcare experience.
- Read CUCFA Letter (Nov. 2013) to UC Pres. Janet Napolitano on health care changes and her response (Jan. 2014)
- Read our letter to UC Pres. Janet Napolitano, over Health Care Issue (Nov. 14, 2013)
- Hundreds of Faculty and Staff Protest New UC Health Insurance Plan. Check our press release. Nov. 4, 2013.
- CUCFA Statement on the Appointment of Janet Napolitano as new UC President.
Higher Education News & Posts